Starke Filter Media is one of the leading manufacturers of natural sand for the potable water, wastewater and pool industries since 1938.
Starke’s Natural Sand is extracted from a clean glacial sand deposit. It has a proper angularity, hardness, sphere city and size and hence meets the criterion to be categorized into high-quality filter sand. The angular shape of the uncrushed filter sand enhances the flow and ensures even distribution. To meet the exact specifications of fine quality filter sand, Starke filter sand is washed, kiln dried and screened with strict adherence to quality control. It is a perfect filter media for all applications.
Starke Natural Sand is graded specifically for water filtration plants. Our Sand and Gravel water filtration media is a naturally clean filtration media useful for applications related to industrial, municipal and household water treatment.
Starke Filter Media is a leading supplier of Natural Sand Filter Media. To get the same day quote.
As producers and processors of Natural Sand for over 70 years, our staff if experienced to provide technical support. Our USP is our competitive pricing and on-time freight delivery. No project is too small or too big for our capabilities.
Advantages of using Starke Natural Sand
as compared to other Natural Sand:
- 10x more efficient than other natural sand
- Longer filter runs
- Deep bed penetration.
- Less than 0.5% acid solubility.
- Virtually free from fines and silts.
- High quality silica sand and consistent uniformity.
- Filter media that meets or exceeds ISI specifications.
- Water output quality 10 – 15 microns. (Sand 0.45 – 0.70 mm)
- Washed, dried, and screened to meet exacting specifications.
- Sub-angular shape provides for maximum turbidity entrapment.
- Uniform coefficients less than 1.4 resulting in a highly uniform bed
- Increased surface area thereby improving particle removal while still providing maximum water flow
- Reduced initial backwash cycles, saving significant amounts of time and water in your start-up backwash cycle.
- Improves efficiency by reducing retention time and head pressure loss with greater flow rates.